This really shouldn’t come as a surprise since I never update it, but I’m shuttering this blog. As I mentioned a few posts back, “I Write Smutty Things” is a bit of a misnomer, since I haven’t written anything smutty in ages, and while my intent was to keep this blog for reading smutty things there are only a handful of authors I actually read, and some of them have moved on to publishing on other platforms. I debated about having another catch-all blog, but to be honest blogging hasn’t been my thing since I was on blogspot.
In addition to that, I’ve started playing around with other platforms myself under a couple of different pen names and I’m enjoying trying new things versus the old way of slamming book after book after book out there. The likelihood of another A.M. Hartnett book is low, and if it happens it will happen first and foremost on a new platform like Tablo (I don’t have the discipline to do Patreon.) Short stories are far more likely.
This isn’t to say I’m disappearing from view. Far from it.
- I’ll still be updating my other author blog as needed.
- I’ll still be posting non-smutty stuff to Wattpad
- I’ll still be reading on Goodreads (even if I do have huge issues with the site as both a reader and an author) if you’re hear for smutty book recs.
- I’ll still be on Twitter and occasionally other social media listed at my other blog.
- I plan to load everything I have written and have rights to on Tablo and also put them all into a couple of print editions (this is mostly for myself.)
- I’ll keep my website up, though it’ll probably be redone to one single page with books and a few other links.
- I’m also going to keep an eye out for anthologies I could submit to — I definitely enjoyed writing and submitting short stories over the last decade and would like to continue to do so as long as there are anthologies to submit to. I do have one coming out soon with the always fantastic Rachel Kramer Bussel, so follow me on Twitter or my other blog if you’re looking for an update on that.